a monkey on fire / leaping into the new year / red flames below
Nor’easters, pacific storms, bad hair days…
Here is a one dish meal you can make with a few inexpensive ingredients!
Keep these ingredients on hand and you may not need to leave the house.
Feel free to add extra sausage, cheese, cooked veggies or anything you have in your pantry!
1 ~ 12 oz. box of corn muffin / bread mix
1 ~ 10 oz. can of Campbell’s Italian Wedding soup
2 ~ Large eggs (separated)
1/2 cup milk or water
- 1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 2) Beat egg whites to soft peaks
- 3) Combine cornbread mix, soup, liquid (milk or water) and egg yolks
- 4) Gently fold in beaten egg whites
- 5) Fill 8 x 8 pan or uncovered casserole dish and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- 6) Allow to cool for 15 minutes, slice and serve.
I wanna be your monster
– your undead lover.
Lay me on your slab
– not undercover.
Up in your lab
– I’ll be the best monster
– you’ve ever had.
True my bolts are rusty
– and my stitches itch.
That’s nothing my good
– mad doctor can’t fix.
Strap on the electrodes
– flip the switch
– turn up the voltage
– till I jerk and twitch.
Thunder in your ears
– lightning in the sky.
The castle is on fire
– but my love won’t die.
Pitchforks and torches
– as the flame scorches.
Escape I cannot allow
– – I’m your monster now.